Welcome Blog

Welcome! This is my first time creating a blog page, which can be exciting as I can share my experiences and thought processes publicly. I have been exposed to the value of reflection since the first day of university and learned that it is vital for teachers to have a conscious mind about things happening in their lives. However, this is also my first time connecting my reflective practices to STEM-related knowledge. This is also why I titled my blog Ms. Liu's Ongoing Reflection Blog on STEM Education. To me, reflection is a daily practice that challenges me to think deeper into the event and about myself. Therefore, on this blog page, I will reflect on my thought processes focusing on STEM Education.

Ah! I almost forgot to introduce myself. I am Alice Liu, a fourth-year student studying Concurrent Education Primary/Junior with a minor in Elementary Teaching Mathematics at Brock University. Yeah, I know it is such a long program name, but it includes all the subjects I am passionate about. I have always had a passion for math, as it keeps me organized. I love the feeling that emerges after solving long and complicated questions; that sense of achievement encourages me and keeps me motivated.

This blog page will document my thinking and reflection articulated from EDUC 4P01, a course I am currently taking that discusses higher-level thinking in science and mathematics. I expected to see my learning unfold in this blog, where I share both the positives and the negatives. I also expected this blog to be a safe space for me to share my ideas. I will be honest and transparent about my concerns and learning. In addition, my goal for this course is to learn about helpful teaching techniques related to STEM education that I can use in my future classes. The world is rapidly changing, and the role of technology, science and math is more significant than before. Overall, I want to expand my schema and understand more concepts related to STEM and the teaching profession.

Stay tuned. See you next time!

Alice 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 2: Mathematics

Blog 4: Technology and Coding